HSHS History Reunion in Port Hedland.
Hedland Senior High School (HSHS) was formed in 1971 during the first iron ore boom of Western Australia. It signified the growth of Port Hedland from a small town of 800 people in the early 1960s to more than 4,000 at the beginning of the 1970s. HSHS also offered boarding at Hardy House for those students who lived in Goldsworthy, Shay Gap and other small towns.
Many past students have fond memories of their time living in Port Hedland and the friendships that formed to make the town an exciting and interesting place to live. In 2011, Hedland Senior High School with turn 40 and past students are invited to a reunion in Port Hedland to show our appreciation of the school’s milestone and its future.
Port Hedland Now is where you can register your attendance and let us know about your time at the school and what you are doing now. It is essential that you register so that we can plan events, tours, accommodation and your Tshirt size.
This is the plan so far:
- You must registered using the Registration form on this website to pre-book your tshirt
- Bring copies of school photos, collectibles or memoirs from your collections so that we can create a record of the event with all the memories. Waggies uniforms is a collectors dream!
Saturday 30 July 2011
- Meet at Dalgety House to collect your Tshirt and registration for events
- Explore lunch options on Wedge Street.
- 2 pm Choice of two bus tours with a local identity – (Please register early as seating is limited)
- capture the memories and nostalgia of old Port Hedland OR
- see the vision for new Port Hedland.
- 4 pm After the tours arrive back at Dalgety House for welcome drinks and finger food
Sponsored by: Pilbara Logistics, Port Hedland
- DJ music at the Pier Hotel entry $20
- 7pm Fashion show and Movie “the Bridesmaids” at the Mattdann Centre, South Hedland. To reserve a $25 ticket call Clancy on 9172 1200. Further details are at http://www.mattdann.com/#!vstc1=films
Sunday 31 July 2011
- 10 am Morning bus tour of Port Hedland depending on numbers (optional)
- 12 noon Welcome to Hedland Senior High School, South Hedland
- Arts and dance performance by Arts students
- Afternoon tea catered by Home Ec students
- Slide show of school photos and student memories
- Show and tell by past students who tell a story of their HSHS achievements and what they are doing now
- Photo taken of students from the decades 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s
- 5 pm free event at the Courthouse Gallery including sundowner drinks from 5pm then screening of short films begins at 6pm. Phone the Courthouse gallery on 9173 1064 to reserve a
seat (not suitable for children). Further details are at
Monday 1 August 2011 (optional)
- Attend the Hedland Cup race day.